This is a ridiculously easy gluten-free vanilla wafer cookie recipe with an adult twist – a splash of bourbon to give a spicy, aromatic twist and a sticky sweet, lick-my-fingers glaze.
It’s a crumbly, buttery, sweet delight sure to satisfy your gluten-free cookie cravings every time! Note that traditional wafer cookies, like the Nila ones of our childhood are a bit thicker and chewier than these, but I prefer my cookies on the thinner, crispy side!
Wafer Cookie Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups butter
- 1 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 1 /3 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
Vanilla Bourbon Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 tbs bourbon
- Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla and bourbon together until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour and stir until just mixed. Tip: Dough should be crumbly but able to stick together. Mix in a little more butter a tablespoon at a time if dough does not hold well enough.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the cookies bake, prepare the glaze: Add powdered sugar, water, vanilla and bourbon to a small bowl and stir until a glaze forms. Tip: If the glaze is too runny, add a bit more powdered sugar. The glaze should be thin but able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies using a fork or spoon.