This gluten-free lemon olive oil cake recipe uses fresh lemons and lemon zest, almond flour and sugar to create a light, moist, just-sweet-enough dessert! A slice of this lemon olive oil cake pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. This recipe is easy enough to whip up on a weeknight but fancy enough to impress at a party!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to place on the bottom of the pan and then lightly grease the paper and pan.
- Measure out and mix together the flours, baking powder and salt and sift together really well in a medium bowl so all the dry ingredients are well-combined.
- Zest and then juice the lemon. Measure 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together with a mixing stand or hand mixer until pale yellow and frothy.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and zest to the egg mixture and combine by hand (you don’t want to over-mix).
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix by hand until just combined.
- Pour batter into the greased 8-inch round pan and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Let the cake cool and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container or serve immediately!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: lemon olive oil cake, gluten free dessert, gluten free baking