Heirloom rainbow carrots roasted in an orange and honey glaze are a citrusy sweet delight. Topped with tart pomegranate seeds and crunchy, salty pistachios these carrots are an easy vegetable side dish that will make any weeknight dinner feel like a special occasion!
- 1 lb rainbow carrots (you can use regular carrots as well!)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (you can sub store-bought but I don’t recommend it!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pistachio meat (I like raw, but you can use roasted as well)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh herbs to garnish (you can use rosemary, thyme, mint or dill – but not all at once! Pick one!)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel the carrots. You can slice or chop them, but I prefer to keep them whole and cut them for serving if needed. You can also keep the tops on as well, but I prefer to slice the tops off.
- Set the carrots aside in a large bowl.
- To make the glaze, combine the orange juice, honey, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Toss the carrots in the 3/4 of the glaze to coat really well, and then spread out the carrots on a lined baking sheet or pan. I like to use a brush to make sure the carrots are evenly coated.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then pull them out and add more of the glaze with the brush, roast again for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven once carrots are crisp-tender and slightly browned at the edges.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and pistachios over the carrots, garnish with rosemary and thyme (or other fresh herb of choice).
- Serve and enjoy!