This snow pea salad recipe is so light, crisp and refreshing! It’s the perfect mix of salty and tangy. Pair it with a light, dry white wine and serve as an appetizer with a summer barbecue or add avocado, tuna or grilled shrimp to make a heartier meal.
(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase from a link in this post, at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting this site!)
Tips For Making Snow Pea Salad With Artichokes And Hearts Of Palm
Taste as you go and adjust the proportions to your preferences! Like a little more dijon? Add it in! Not sure you want a strong lemon flavor? Start with 1 tbsp then see. You can always add more but it’s harder to weaken flavors then it is to strengthen them!
You can also substitute sugar snap peas in this salad, that would be equally delicious!
How to Prepare Snow Peas
This salad calls for raw snow peas. Did you know you can eat snow peas raw? They are delicious, crispy and crunchy and refreshing! You can also lightly saute or boil snow peas if you wanted to make a warm snow pea salad but don’t over do it – if you’re cooking the snow peas, you want them crisp-tender, cooked for only a minute or two!
Some people prefer to “de-stem” snow peas before eating or using, since the ends and stems can be a bit tough but I don’t usually bother since they taste the same to me either way!
Snow Pea Salad With Artichokes And Hearts Of Palm – Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cans artichoke hearts (in water not oil) or for a fun twist, grab a container of marinated or grilled artichokes from your supermarket’s antipasti counter
- 2 cans hearts of palm
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 container or package of snow peas
- Optional: to make the salad more filling and throw in some healthy fat, slice some ripe avocado and toss in
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, pressed or finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and hearts of palm.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and if desired, remove the ends from the snow peas.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss with dressing and serve!
Love this snow pea salad recipe? Pin it to save for later!