These gluten-free dark chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies are the perfect balance of chewy and crispy, with just the right amount of sweetness from the luscious, rich dark chocolate and juicy tartness from the burst of dried cranberries. I promise no one will be able to tell these are gluten-free! This recipe comes together in one bowl, freezes so well and will last about a week (although I dare any household to try and make it a full week without finishing these cookies!)
- 1.5 cups gluten-free flour (or regular for non-GF!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries (can use sweetened or unsweetened per your preference!)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (can increase up to 1.5 cups depending on how much chocolate you like in each bite!)
- 1 cup gluten-free plain instant oatmeal (about 2 packets)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and cream for a few seconds to combine.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix to combine.
- Add cranberries, oatmeal and chocolate chips and fold into the dough.
- Form three long logs with the dough, roughly 12 inches long and 3 inches thick.
- Wrap the dough logs in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Chilling will make slicing the cookies easier!
- Slice the logs into 1-inch thick slices and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Note: gluten-free flour is more crumbly, so I had to shape the cookies a bit after slicing. Non-GF cookies should slice pretty clean!
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: gluten-free cookies, chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies, gluten-free baking