These gluten-free cheesecake brownies are made with a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie base and a tangy, sweet cream cheese layer swirled with more chocolate brownie batter. This brownie recipe is so decadent, I promise no one will be able to tell they are gluten-free!
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (Tip: use full-fat brick-style cream cheese for the best flavor)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- Optional: chocolate chips
For the Brownie Batter:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or regular flour)
- Optional: chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
Make the cream cheese filling:
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth.
Make the brownie batter:
- In a separate large bowl, blend butter, sugar, eggs, and salt using an electric mixer.
- Add cocoa and nuts, if using, and stir in by hand until blended.
- Add flour and mix until combined and a batter forms.
- Pour the brownie batter into a baking pan greased or lined with parchment paper. Leave a little extra brownie batter to dollop on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Pour the cream cheese filling over the brownie batter and smooth out so the batter is completely covered.
- Thin the extra brownie batter with a tiny bit of water and use a spoon to dollop over the cheesecake filling. Use a fork or toothpick to swirl the batter into the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350F, until batter is set and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the pan.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. These brownies keep well at room temperature, in the fridge or in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Homemade
Keywords: gluten-free brownies, cheesecake brownies, cream cheese brownies, gluten-free baking