- 1 lb. chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- 2 lemons
- 1 can artichoke hearts, halves or quarters
- 1/3 cup olives, chopped (Tip: I used a mix of green and black olives but you can use whatever olives you prefer)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp olive juice (Optional but it really adds a nice depth to the sauce!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic salt and oregano (Tip: if you don’t have garlic salt, you can use garlic powder and onion powder).
- Juice one lemon, cut the 2nd lemon into rounds or wedges.
- Cook the seasoned chicken in a hot pan until browned on both sides but not cooked through; set aside on a plate.
- If the pan is dry, add a little more oil to the pan and add onions, let cook until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice, white wine, olive juice, and chicken broth, stirring up the browned bit at bottom of pan to make a light sauce.
- Add artichokes and lemon rounds, bring to a boil and then add the chicken along with any accumulated juices on the plate.
- Lower heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Add olives and spinach and cook until olives are warmed and spinach is just wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: one pan dinners, chicken recipes, lemon chicken, one pan lemon chicken with artichokes and olives